Get Windows 10 Anniversary Update now
It’s August 3rd, 2016 and the Microsoft’s Windows 10 Anniversary Update is available and ready to download.
The update was under testing since December, but now stable enough to be rolled out to all users. The update contains a number of new features and a lot of improvements. The major feature is a Windows Ink support. The feature was in Windows for years, but since now Windows has stepped into world of touch-support, it has to be optimized for touch screen so that it can be used by just fingertips.
You can now ink on screenshots, doodles, and notes, etc., with your fingers. Other features include Cortana improvements, Mobile notification mirrors, Microsoft Edge browser extensions support, a new dark UI theme and bunch of emojis.
The update was released on August, 2nd to millions of Windows users. The update will be automatically downloaded to your device and will let you know when it’s ready to install.
However, there are some impatient people like me, who can’t wait for it to arrive automatically.
Download ISO Files
As usual there are ways to get it manually. Microsoft has released the official ISO files, so if you want you can download the ISO files to do a fresh install or upgrade using Media Creation Tool provided by Microsoft.
Windows Insider Program
If you are a enrolled in Windows Insider Program, and you have installed all the available updates, then probably running the latest Windows 10 build 14393.x which is the Anniversary Update.
Download using Upgrade Assistant
- Go to this link, and click on blue “Get the Anniversary update now” button.
- Download the file Windows10Upgrade28084.exe.
- Now run the downloaded file.
- It will check the version you are currently running.
- Then it determines, whether you device is compatible with the new update.
- If everything is compatible, you should see a button “Next”. Click on Next to proceed.
- The Update Assistant will download all the required files for update and prepare your installation.
- Once the download is finished, you will be asked to restart the computer to begin installation process.
This update will just upgrade your Windows, and all your files will be kept right where they are.